Mogadishu, November 3, 2021 – A consultation meeting between the Federal Government of Somalia’s Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the Ministries of Labor and Social Affairs of the State Governments has begun in Mogadishu. The consultation focused on the completion of a unified registry (USR) and the BAXNAANO Program database through a government-run process, which will contribute to a unified coordination of information on the people being assisted in all ongoing projects, facilitating project coordination and efficiency and the government’s ability to effectively serve its citizens.
The Federal Minister of Planning, H.E Jamal Mohamed Hassan, stated during the meeting that the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, which represents the government in the process of completing the unified social registration (USR) and improving the database.
The Labor and Social Affairs Ministers of Puntland, Galmudug, Hirshabelle, Jubbaland, and the Deputy Minister of Southwest reiterated their commitment to completing the Social Information System and implementing the Social Policy.
“Our present goal is to complete the process as quickly as feasible,” stated the Federal Government of Somalia’s Minister of Labor and Social Affairs. We are aware of the overall susceptibility in emergencies that may result in a humanitarian crisis,” remarked H.E. Minister Abdiwahab.
For more information please contact:
Iman Mohamed Jama
MoLSA Communication Specialist
- World Bank to Support Somalia’s Drought Response through Cash Transfers to 500,000 Households
- MoLSA LAUNCHES 2ND PHASE OF SNLR PROJECT
- UNIFIED SOCIAL REGISTRY (USR) CONSULTATION MEETING
- Somalia’s Most Vulnerable Households and Locust Response Efforts to Receive $185 Million Boost
- PRESS RELEASE – Somalia Federal Government has signed an output agreement with WFP