Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Somali Ministry of Labour has unveiled the country’s social protection policy aimed at protecting the welfare of vulnerable sections of the society.
Labour Minister Sadiq Hirsi Warfa said the launch of the policy was a key milestone in ensuring state protection of citizen’s welfare.
“It’s very important for Somali people to launch the social protection policy program that will help the society to gain social protection, Health care and educational improvement for the vulnerable communities,” said Warfa.
Deputy Prime Minister Mahdi Guled who presided over the launch lauded the ministry’s efforts in developing the policy.
The policy was approved last month by the council of ministers.
The event was attended by delegates from the donor community and officials from international agencies.
- World Bank to Support Somalia’s Drought Response through Cash Transfers to 500,000 Households
- MoLSA LAUNCHES 2ND PHASE OF SNLR PROJECT
- UNIFIED SOCIAL REGISTRY (USR) CONSULTATION MEETING
- Somalia’s Most Vulnerable Households and Locust Response Efforts to Receive $185 Million Boost
- PRESS RELEASE – Somalia Federal Government has signed an output agreement with WFP