Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Somali Ministry of Labour has unveiled the country’s social protection policy aimed at protecting the welfare of vulnerable sections of the society.
Labour Minister Sadiq Hirsi Warfa said the launch of the policy was a key milestone in ensuring state protection of citizen’s welfare.
“It’s very important for Somali people to launch the social protection policy program that will help the society to gain social protection, Health care and educational improvement for the vulnerable communities,” said Warfa.
Deputy Prime Minister Mahdi Guled who presided over the launch lauded the ministry’s efforts in developing the policy.
The policy was approved last month by the council of ministers.
The event was attended by delegates from the donor community and officials from international agencies.
- Somalia’s Most Vulnerable Households and Locust Response Efforts to Receive $185 Million Boost
- PRESS RELEASE – Somalia Federal Government has signed an output agreement with WFP
- South West President received delegation led by Minister Sadiq Warfa at the Presidential Palace in Baidoa
- Somali President Unveils Social Safety Net Program to Reduce Poverty and Improve Human Capital
- Somalia Launches National Social Protection Policy